What is EDI?
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the computer-to-computer transfer of transactions and information using a variety of communication methods. BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York encourages you to submit your claims electronically for improved productivity and cost efficiency.
Why submit claims electronically?
- Electronic claims can represent a savings of up to a $7.00 per claim by reducing paperwork, manual intervention, and postage.
- Claims can be submitted 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Eliminating postal delays gets your claims processed faster.
- Electronic claims are processed faster and more accurately.
- BlueCross BlueShield acknowledges receipt of electronic claims through notification and error reports.
- Receive an electronic remittance to allow providers to post payments automatically.