My doctor has ordered laboratory tests for me. Where do I have them done?
If you are a member of Community Blue, Traditional Blue POS or Traditional Blue PPO, in order to be covered your tests must be performed at a Quest Lab. This includes the following member products:
|Community Blue CHP 201
||Community Blue MCO 501
|Community Blue FHP 201
||Community Blue Senior Blue 400 Series
|Community Blue HMO 100 Series
||Traditional Blue Medicare PPO 200 Plus Series
|Community Blue HMO 100 Plus Series
||Traditional Blue POS 200 Series
|Community Blue HMO 200 Series
||Traditional Blue POS 200 Plus Series
|Community Blue HMO 200 Plus Series
||Traditional Blue EPO 5000 Series
|Community Blue HNY 201
||Traditional Blue PPO 800 Series
||Traditional Blue PPO 900 Series
If you do not have your test performed at a Quest Lab, the claim will be paid only if the terms of your contract allow for coverage of services rendered by non-participating providers, such as POS and PPO plans.
If you are a member of Traditional Blue Indemnity, your laboratory services will be covered in full if performed at a Quest Lab, or at any other participating provider of laboratory services, per the terms of your contract.
Is there anytime that I don't have to use Quest Diagnostics Laboratories?
You do not have to use a Quest Lab for:
- Testing performed during your inpatient admission
- Pre-admission or pre-surgical testing performed prior to an inpatient stay or outpatient surgery
- Tests associated with Emergency Room visits
- Pap Smears and Thin Preps
- Certain testing that your physician may perform in his/her office. Your physician will be able to tell you what testing is applicable.
How do I find the Quest Lab closest to me? What hours are they open? Can I make an appointment? Are they open on Saturday?
Use the lab search to find a lab that participates in your health plan network. You can search based on location (county, city, or zip code).
Search results for Quest labs will include information about:
- services such as pediatric draws and urine drug collection
- hours of service at a laboratory site
- wheelchair accessibility
- availability of appointments at the site of your choice
Please note that not all sites offer the services listed above.
To minimize your wait time, we encourage you to make an appointment. Scheduled appointments are taken first; walking in to a laboratory that takes appointments may cause you to have a longer wait for service.
Quest Diagnostics has the following available at all Appointment Preferred Patient Service Centers:
- Appointments may be scheduled in advance for all hours of operations
- Patients may schedule "Same Day" appointments
- Patients can make appointments at their convenience - 24 hours/day, 7 days/week by using Quest's website or voice activated phone service
- Visit the website at http://www.questdiagnostics.com/appointment.
- To speak with a call center operator to schedule an appointment, call 1-716-568-5160 or 1-866-890-5346 Monday through Friday from 8:30a.m to 5:00p.m.
- Call 1-888-277-8772 to access the voice activated appointment scheduler.